Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bocados

Last night we had a bunch of errands to run in the east end of town, so decided to try Bocados for the first time. Apparently the building used to be the old Moxies, and Manos locations, but was renovated and reopened in November as Bocados. The renovation was nothing spectacular, new, or innovative.

The server was pleasant and even managed to bring us a couple of slices of lemon and orange when requested relatively quickly.

The menu was nothing spectacular, a sort of mish-mash of Americanized Italian food along with sandwiches, ribs, and appies. It seemed to be a selection of menu items stolen from Earls, Moxies, and Rock Creek.

My girlfriend had a salmon dish and I ended up getting a thin crust pizza. None of the food was especially scrumpious, but it was certainly edible. I could see white cheese on the pizza, but I couldn't detect any actual feta flavour and the chicken was extremely bland.

It was one of those mediocre experiences that you half regret on the drive home. I was not given a really good reason to make a second visit to Bocados.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Just wondering if you have eaten at Cravings on the East side? We have and have not had a good experience. Like your blog! We are from our of town and often come into Regina for a nice meal. I am not sure why, but the really great restraunts are hard to find. We have have very few positive experiences in Regina, and I will be following your blog for suggestions as to where to eat. I do not like spending my hard earned money on a *%$#>=! awful meal! Thanks for your blog. Cathy